A look at WPCAMR's efforts and accomplishments
- Helped to formulate Pennsylvania's statewide reclamation policy.
- Successfully developed and implemented an Abandoned Mine Drainage
- Spearheaded the formation of the National Coalition for Abandoned
Mine Reclamation which involves 20 states.
- Formed a Water Quality Technical Advisory Committee, consisting of federal, state, industry, academic, and local experts in the field of mine drainage remediation to help guide restoration projects.
- Recipient of the 1996 Conservation Organization of the Year Award from the Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts.